Wednesday, February 12, 2014

You are the One

Looking for meaning
Looking for love
For so many wasted times I have done this. I have ran away from God and searched for love somewhere else, and made myself believe that I can find it apart from its Author.

Looking for something to
Never give up
And even though I am already here, back in His arms, I still struggle even with the littlest things... Indeed, following Him is not easy. I have to die to myself, forget what is behind, pressing on to win the prize of being with Him. I always wish that everything would just end, so I can find myself facing Him already. But that is not His will. He wants me to find more meaning in life by loving Him. He wants me to find strength as I go on with my journey as His beloved. And I never thought that the answer could be so simple...


You are the One
You are the One
Everthing is all about Him. A life that revolves and finds meaning only in Him is what He wants from me. There could never be another requirement. He deserves nothing less, anyway. He is my Saving Grace. And with Him as the Center of my universe, how can I ask for more? He's the One. He's my Only One.


Looking for purpose in all
Of the pain
Most of the time, I fail to understand His ways. Especially when I am hurting. There is too much bias in our emotions. It confuses and destroys us. As I listen and simply obey His Word, I have come to realize that my feelings must not be my priority. I do not live by it. I live by His Word alone. It does not matter how I feel; what matters is Him. His will. His love over me, and my obedience to Him.

Looking for someone to
Hold in the rain
Yes. I thought I just needed someone. I thought that was the answer. But I've found out that I do not need to hold someone; Someone needs to hold me. And only One does it best.

You are the one
You are the one
(tears)

You are life more beautiful
You are love more powerful
Indeed, everything is way better when I am in His arms. Life is brighter. Love is filled with hope. I was a fool, finding love without Him.

You are the light that always shines
Always. Even if my own light fades and fails, His never will. I can always drop to my knees and ask for more.

You are the one
You are the One.

And I will never move on from you
I will never move on from you
He is my yesterday, today, and forever. There's no escaping this love.



You are the One
Sung by Jason Castro




1 comment:

Mhello Paglinawan said...

It moved me to tears. :'( Thanks for this Ate Shel.