Saturday, April 2, 2011

Silence

When everything seems so fast, when every day seems to come as if in a passing dream, when all seems lost in a vague afternoon--- I know my purpose, I know Your love... still I ask, what is left of me. My Holy One, tell me again.. Whisper it to me once more... I want to hear the comforting voice of my Master. When all seems to consume my body, when all seems to cripple my faith, when all seems to shake my core--- confirm Your Word once more, Father. You know that with just one touch of Your Hand, with just one smile from Your throne, I will be alright...

Nothing matters when You're here with me...

Words are easy to say... Words can pacify me... But only You can satisfy. My joy is in You... Again I hold onto Your promise. I hold on to the proof of Your grace. I hold on to us... You said You live in me...
And I want You to know that even if days are quick and hours are tight, You still hold my world. Father, I will patiently wait for You... in the cleft of the rock I will stay. Even when my body is weak, my heart broken, my soul in drought---- the more I will wait. Even if it takes all of me... even if it consumes my energy... even if it breaks the heart of me...

This is my prayer in the desert.

No comments: