Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Countenance

Countenance - noun; a person's face or facial expression.

I look upon Your countenance
I see the fullness of Your grace,
I can only bow down and say...

Whenever I come into the presence of God, the words from this song is what exactly happens to me. My heart overflows with thanksgiving, my soul down to the ground, bowing low...

Who am I that I am given this privilege to approach Him?Who am I, a sinner, a life taken out from the soil, that He may come to me?Ever since I started serving in the Worship Team, my prayer has always been like this:

Lord, may it be
that whenever I come up the stage
nobody would see---
my face, my body, my nervous lips;
my trembling hands, my sweaty forehead,
my messy hair, my frail voice--
Lord, may it be
that as I come up the stage
everyone would see---
Your servant, Your beloved,
Your lover, Your follower;
May it be, my Lord
that as I come up the stage
nobody would see me,
but instead
Your countenance.
Your grace.
Your Spirit.
Your love.
May they see.

Because His countenance-- His face, is way better than anything or anyone else in this world, not in even in Heaven.

No comments: